Ever wanted to start your own eCommerce store but weren’t sure who to trust? Well, you can use Hostinger for eCommerce. But is it something you should consider?
In this guide, we will answer this question. We will also look at other services offered by this company.
With loads of features, intuitive tools, and excellent customer service, Hostinger will surely make your online business a success.
So, what do they have in store (pun intended 😎) for you?
What is Hostinger?
Hostinger is a leading hosting provider that offers reliable, secure, affordable web hosting, VPS hosting, and eCommerce solutions.
Their commitment to quality and customer service has made them popular for hosting websites, eCommerce stores, and more.
They offer a range of hosting plans for businesses of all sizes, including those looking to start an eCommerce store.
Why Start an eCommerce Business?
According to SimilarWeb.com, revenue from eCommerce sales was estimated at $768 billion in 2021 and could exceed $1.3 trillion by 2025.
In 2021, 74.3% of the population purchased products online. It’s estimated that by 2025, this figure will rise to 80.4%.
Starting an eCommerce business is a great way to make money online and reach customers worldwide.
With such a business, you can control your own destiny, set your own hours, and build something that you are proud of.
And you don’t have to worry about the overhead costs associated with setting up a physical store.
But there’s one problem.
How do you get started?
In most cases, there are solutions out there provided by big companies. In fact, we have our own.
You can learn more about it here.
But we are here to talk about Hostinger for eCommerce.
Hostinger eCommerce Hosting Options
Besides hosting websites and registering domains, Hostinger can also host your online stores.
They have designed special hosting solutions dedicated to this need.
a. WooCommerce Hosting
Before we discuss Hostinger Woocommerce plans, let’s look at what this is all about.
Woocommerce is a free eCommerce plugin designed for WordPress users, giving them access to powerful features such as product management, payment processing, shipping integration and more.
With its intuitive interface and easy-to-use design, creating a fully functioning online store has never been simpler – even if you don’t have any coding experience!
Thanks to this comprehensive platform, anyone with a dream and ambition can run their own successful online business in no time at all.
Now, since this is just a tool, you need to have hosting space for it to work.
That’s where Hostinger Woocommerce comes in.
Their hosting plans are tailored to meet the needs of small businesses, entrepreneurs, and bloggers.
They offer a range of plans that includes everything you need to get your eCommerce store up and running:
- Free domain name
- Unlimited free SSL certificate
- Automated backups, and more.
From $3.99 per month, you can host up to 100 websites and get access to 100 GB SSD storage and unlimited bandwidth, among other perks.
If you want more, there are other pricier plans for up to $23.99 per month.
b. PrestaShop Hosting
Hostinger also offers PrestaShop hosting plans for those seeking a more comprehensive eCommerce solution.
Like WooCommerce, PrestaShop is a powerful open-source eCommerce platform that provides store owners with all the tools they need to create, manage, and grow their online businesses.
This platform has a robust suite of features designed to make it simple for users of every skill level to create attractive storefronts and easily manage their entire online store.
Its intuitive back office allows merchants to add products quickly, customize the look and feel of their shop, set up payment methods, manage shipping options, track orders and more.
Back to Hostinger …
Their PrestaShop hosting plans come with the same features as their WooCommerce plans, but they also include support for multiple languages and currencies, a free PrestaShop installation, and more.
As for the prices, Hostinger PrestaShop plans seem to be cheaper than WooCommerce.
Starts off at $2.99 for the most basic needs.
With such a price tag, you can host up to 100 sites and 100 GB of storage space, among other perks.
Again, if you need more, consider the higher plans.
How to Set Up an eCommerce Website With Hostinger
Now that you know what Hostinger has in store for eCommerce entrepreneurs let’s discuss how to hit the ground running.
Step 1: Decide What You Want To Sell
This is the fun part!
It’s time to decide what you want to sell. Whether you’re selling clothes, art, jewellery, or anything else, now’s the time to make some decisions.
Step 2: Select Your Hostinger eCommerce Hosting Plan
Now that you know what you’re going to sell, it’s time to select your Hostinger eCommerce hosting plan.
Hostinger offers two great options: Woocommerce and PrestaShop hosting. Both plans have tons of features that will help you make the most of your online store.
Step 3: Design Your Website
It’s time to design your website. You can choose from various themes and templates, or you can create a custom design from scratch.
Step 4: Add Your Products
Now that your website is up and running, it’s time to add your products. You can upload photos, descriptions, and pricing information for each item.
The procedures may differ depending on your eCommerce platform.
Step 5: Setup Payment Options
Now that your products are added, you need to set up your payment options.
Again, what you have access to can differ from platform to platform. But expect solutions such as PayPal and Stripe.
Step 6: Test Your Website
The final step is to test your website. Test the checkout process and make sure everything is working correctly. Once you’re satisfied with the results, you can start selling!
And there you have it!
Setting up your eCommerce website with Hostinger is easy and fun.
Promoting Your Store
Once your store is set up and connected to a payment gateway, don’t hang your boots. You need to promote it.
Try these three proven methods:
- Social Media: Social Media is a great way to reach potential customers. You can create accounts on various platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and use them to promote your store. Posting interesting content, such as discounts and product updates, can help you gain more followers and, thus, customers.
- Email Marketing: Email marketing is an effective way to promote your store. You can use it to notify customers about new products, discounts, and other offers. Additionally, you can use email marketing to send customers personalized messages, which can help to increase their loyalty to your store.
- Content Marketing: Content marketing is another way to promote your online store. You can use content to educate customers about your products and services and to attract more visitors to your store. This can be done through blogging, video creation, and other forms of content.
Hopefully, these will help you get started. Remember to be consistent, creative, and have fun with your efforts.
Pros and Cons of Hostinger for eCommerce
- Hostinger offers a wide range of hosting plans for all types of websites.
- Plans are incredibly affordable and economical compared to other hosting services.
- All plans include a 99% uptime guarantee, a free SSL certificate, a free domain and more.
- Offers 24/7 customer support via chat, phone and email.
- User-friendly control panel (hPanel) with easy-to-use interface.
- Limited storage space on basic plans with no unlimited options available.
- Weekly backups on lower plans might be a problem in case of an incident.
- No cPanel available on any plan, so users must get used to the custom control panel provided by Hostinger before using it effectively.
- Only basic security scans are included with their shared hosting plans, which may not be sufficient for some websites requiring tighter security measures than others.
Hostinger is a great choice for anyone looking to start an eCommerce store. They offer affordable, reliable hosting plans and plenty of features to make the process easy and painless. Plus, their customer service is top-notch.
They offer many great features and benefits for setting up an eCommerce store. Their plans are affordable, uptime is reliable, and customer service is excellent.
The downside is that their lower plans have a monthly traffic limit, and some of the features may not be as robust as those offered by other hosting providers.
Related: What Does Hostinger Do? Services and Prices, Pros & Cons