This guide is for complete beginners looking for the best WordPress hosting provider.
So, if you are looking to learn more, this is the article for you.
Let us get right to it, shall we?
What is WordPress?
WordPress is a free and open-source content management system that allows users to manage their websites and blogs. It was created by a Swedish programmer, Matt Mullenweg, in 2003.
In 2005, WordPress was released as software under the GNU General Public License (GPL) for use on servers running the Linux operating system. In 2009, it was released under the MIT License.
The software can be used on any computer or mobile device with web access.
Essentially, WordPress is a content management system (CMS) and blogging platform that runs on PHP and MySQL.
In fact, WordPress has over 68 million websites using it as of December 2021, making it one of the most popular website builders for bloggers, businesses, non-profits, designers, developers, and photographers.
What is WordPress Hosting?
WordPress hosting is a service that provides space and resources for websites built on WordPress CMS. WordPress hosting services provide everything from the software and database to the web server, which enables your website to be online. With this service, you can create your own website with ease without having to worry about anything else!
WordPress Hosting Services:
- WordPress Hosting Services are provided by companies who offer web servers and software for free or pay per use
- There are different types of hosting services usually based on how much space you need, how many websites you want on it, how many databases you want, and how long the hosting is for
- The price for a WordPress hosting service ranges from $4.95 to $19.99 per month. But as you will see in a minute, some providers can go as low as $1 per month
- You can create your own website with or without web design
- Private WordPress hosting is the most expensive type of hosting in terms of price. It allows you to have your own server and control over your websites.
Why choose WordPress hosting?
As we have already seen, WordPress is a widely used content management system that allows users to create websites. It has a vast community of developers, designers, and content creators who can help with the website setup.
WordPress hosting is a type of web hosting service that features the WordPress CMS as its primary software platform. This means that all websites hosted on this type of server are powered by WordPress.
There are many benefits to using wordpress hosting for your website:
- WordPress has an extensive support community available 24/7 for any questions you might have about your site or its performance
- Unlike other platforms, you will be able to update your site’s theme and plugins quickly and easily without having to worry about breaking anything
- The WordPress CMS is easy to use so you won’t have any trouble navigating the dashboard and managing your site.
- WordPress is compatible with many different plugins and extensions to help your business in a variety of ways, such as managing leads, editing content on the fly, or tracking analytics for marketing purposes
- The levels of support available to you are much higher than with other platforms. And most of the best WordPress hosting providers like Truehost offer dedicated wordpress support you can reach out 24/7.
Types of WordPress hosting
There are two types of hosting available for WordPress: managed and unmanaged WordPress hosting.
a). Managed WordPress hosting
As much as WordPress is the go-to choice for most people starting their websites, it comes with its fair share of troubles.
It can get technical quickly when you start having to update this and that, not to mention security measures you must have in place to keep your WordPress safe. This is a turn-off for most non-technical people, and that is where managed WordPress hosting comes in.
Generally speaking, a managed WordPress host is a type of hosting that handles the WordPress updates for you and makes sure everything is working correctly. You don’t have to worry about updating your website yourself because the host does it for you.
- Automatic backups
- Performance monitoring
- Automatic software updates
- Security, malware scanning, and removal
And as you can guess, that will cost more than if you were doing everything by yourself.
Managed WordPress hosting is recommended for non-technical website owners or busy entrepreneurs who would rather focus on running their business and leave everything else to a trusted hosting partner like Truehost.
b). Unmanaged WordPress hosting
But if you would rather handle everything by yourself, then unmanaged WordPress hosting is your best bet.
In a nutshell, Unmanaged hosting allows you to install WordPress, choose the theme and plugins you will need, and manage your site without any technical support. You can do everything yourself.
Unmanaged WP hosting is perfect for technical users who have an understanding of how to handle WordPress. It is also for you if you want a rather hands-on experience in running and managing your online business.
WordPress hosting VS Shared Hosting
While WordPress hosting provides a platform for people to create and host their own sites with WordPress.
Shared hosting is a type of hosting where multiple websites share one server. This means that there are limited resources and bandwidth, which can lead to performance issues on your site.
Shared hosting is cheaper but it also comes with more restrictions and limitations than dedicated hosting. On the other hand, you might have to pay a little extra for WordPress hosting considering it comes with dedicated features such as automatic updates and security maintenance.
WordPress hosting is recommended for those who’d wish to build a website using WordPress CMS. Shared hosting is for those who are just starting out with their blogging career and have a limited budget.
WordPress hosting vs VPS hosting
WordPress hosting is an affordable and easy-to-use option for website owners that are looking for a way to build their own website using WordPress CMS. It’s also the most popular platform on the web.
VPS hosting is a more powerful option with more flexibility. It provides better security, scalability, and reliability than SHARED hosting.
Depending on the provider, it can be more expensive than WordPress hosting but it can be worth it if you have a large site or need to run multiple sites on one server.
VPS hosting is becoming increasingly popular due to its flexibility and power, but WordPress hosting has been around for much longer so it has a huge user base and support community behind it.
In most cases, WordPress hosting runs on a VPS server, which means the two work together to deliver a great experience.
Best WordPress Hosting Providers: Top 4
Bluehost is the top wordpress hosting provider, every WordPress site we host enjoys automatic updates and 24/7 expert support.
Some of their features include;
- 24/7 support
- WordPress integration
- Access to a WP website builder
- Free CDN
- Free SSL certificate
Their prices start from $2.75 and go up to $13.95 per month
Truehost is another one of the fastest-growing cloud hosting companies around the world. Their wordpress hosting packages gathers for every online entrepreneur, and with pricing as low as $1 per month, this is your best bet.
- SSD hosting drives (fast and reliable)
- LiteSpeed WordPress Acceleration
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- GIT Access, etc.
Interserver is another one of the leading wordpress hosting providers. And here are some of their features
- Managed WordPress Plans On Ultra-Fast Web Servers
- Daily/Weekly And Atomic Mod Security
- Award-Winning 24/7 Support
- All WordPress Hosting Plans With A Price Lock Guarantee
- 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
SiteGround is one of the most popular and highest-rated hosting providers in the WordPress community, providing a range of premium hosting plans that are optimized for WordPress with unique in-house speed and security features.
- Multiple data centers across the world (USA, Europe, Asia, and Australia)
- Free Site Migration
- Staging environment
How to Optimize Your Site for Maximum Performance with a Managed WordPress Host?
We’ve talked about managed wordpress hosting.
Managed WordPress hosts can help you create a website that runs smoothly and efficiently. They can also optimize your site to serve the best possible content to your visitors.
If you want to know how to optimize your site for maximum performance with a managed WordPress host, try these tips:
- Use caching plugins like WP Rocket or W3 Total Cache and Cloudflare. They will cache your pages, images, and CSS files. This will reduce the load on your server by serving cached versions of them when it needs updating.
- Use a CDN (content delivery network) like Cloudflare or MaxCDN that will cache static files such as images and videos on their servers instead of serving them from your server. This means you don’t have to worry about hosting these static files yourself.
- Optimize your images for performance. Use file size and compression ratio settings in your WordPress settings to make images as small as possible. You can also use web-safe fonts, optimize images on the fly with image optimization plugins, or use a plugin like TinyPNG that will automatically optimize your PNG images for you before uploading them to the server.
Things To Look For in a Good WordPress Hosting Service
There are many factors to consider when choosing a WordPress hosting service. Here are some things that you should look for in a good WordPress hosting service.
- Security: Make sure that your WebHost has the latest security patches and has a clean track record of no attacks or data breaches.
- Ease of use: The best web hosts make it easy for you to set up your website, whether it be through their intuitive dashboard or helpful guides on their website.
- Customer support: It is important to have customer support available at all times, so make sure that the host you choose offers 24/7 live chat and phone support.
- Server location: This should be a consideration if you are located in the US or another country outside of Europe/Asia.
How to Start a Profitable Business with WordPress
WordPress is one of the most popular blogging platforms. It is used by millions of bloggers and online businesses. It is a platform that can be tailor-made to fit any type of business.
WordPress has many plug-ins and themes that can help you create a personal blog or website. There are also many WordPress hosting providers that can help you start your blog on a budget with the least amount of effort.
Here are some ways to start your own profitable blog:
- Start small: You don’t need to have thousands of visitors every day or even hundreds to make money with your blog. Start small, build up traffic slowly, and then increase your efforts as you grow in popularity.
- Get an idea for a topic: If you don’t have an idea for a blog topic, then pick something that you are passionate about. You can base your blog on the subject that you love and share information about it often.
- Focus on your niche: Do what you do best! If you know how to do something specifically well, focus on that particular thing and build a blog around it.
- Be exclusive: Only share your blog with people who are interested in the same thing that you are. There is no point in sharing your blog information with a million people if only five hundred of them are interested in what you have to say.
- Add visuals: Adding photos, videos, and infographics to your blog will make it more interesting and interactive for readers.
WordPress Hosting Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need WordPress hosting to start a website?
WordPress hosting is not required for website creation, but it does make it easier for users to manage their websites. If you are looking for a cheap and easy way to start your website, you can use WordPress as your platform.
What Is The Difference Between WordPress Hosting And Web Hosting?
WordPress hosting is a type of web hosting service. It allows users to create a blog website through the use of WordPress software, which comes with its own set of tools and resources on the WordPress website. A web hosting service, on the other hand, creates and provides an online space for web developers to develop websites by providing them with access to an internet connection.
How does WordPress compare to other CMSs?
WordPress is a Content Management System (CMS) that allows users to create and edit websites.
WordPress is one of the oldest content management systems in use today. It has been used by millions of websites all over the world. It is also one of the most widely used CMSs for blogging platforms and eCommerce sites.
WordPress has become a popular choice for many website owners because it is easy to use, robust, and affordable.
How can I get started with WordPress?
WordPress is a free and open-source blogging platform and content management system. It’s also the most popular blog engine.
WordPress is one of the easiest ways to get started with building your own website or blog. It’s free, easy to use, and has a large community of users who are willing to help you out if you run into trouble. With this in mind, we’ve put together this guide on how to get started with WordPress so that you can get your site up and running in no time!
Which One Should I Choose Between Managed And Unmanaged WordPress Hosting?
You should know the difference between managed and unmanaged WordPress hosting before you decide which one is best for you. Managed hosting can be expensive but it will also provide you with a lot of benefits like 24/7 support, backup, and migration, security patches, updates, etc. Unmanaged hosting is cheaper but it might not provide these services. The downside is that if something goes wrong on your website, you’ll have to fix it yourself or hire someone to do it for you.
Conclusion: Start a Profitable Business with WordPress Today!
A lot of people are looking for ways to start a profitable business today. This is where WordPress comes in handy. With the right plugins, you can create an online store and sell your products online. You can also use it to create blogs and websites that will help you build an audience and grow your business.
WordPress is a free and open-source content management system (CMS) that allows users to create their own websites with little or no coding knowledge required.
It has become one of the most popular website platforms in the world because of its ease of use, flexibility, and wide range of features that allow users to create anything from simple personal blogs to large e-commerce stores.